Moving boiler

rt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question,

Is there any problem with having a boiler in a conservatory? I want to put the new boiler on the other side of the kitchen external wall, into the conservatory and vent it side ways through a 400mm wide wall at the front of it.

Sponsored Links
Quick question,

Is there any problem with having a boiler in a conservatory? I want to put the new boiler on the other side of the kitchen external wall, into the conservatory and vent it side ways through a 400mm wide wall at the front of it.

Nothing wrong with a conservatory at all. Check the makers for flue positions, etc. Make sure the boiler has frost protection. Although few conservatories freeze up in winter as solar gain (if not facing north), heats up the floor and back wall of the house and gives off heat at night preventing freezing.

Thanks.

My only next concern is how close the flue would be to the windows and the side wall of the house. The wall is only 400mm wide then the windows to the conservatory start. This wall is linked to the external wall of the kitchen, running at 90 degrees to it.

Can this be made to work as I have been told the flue should be 300mm from an internal corner and windows?

It might need a plume diverter if its a condensing boiler to move the discharge to an acceptable place.

If you are keeping a non condensing boiler ( not recommended ) then there may be difficulties siting it.

Your CORGI installer should advise you on site.

Tony

Sponsored Links
If its an old balanced flue you will need 600mm from any internal & external corners and openingwindows/doors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back