Moving radiator along wall...how big a job?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting a new boiler fitted and installing EvoHome as well along with the wireless TRVs. The dining room radiator is not in the middle of the wall and consequently about 6-8 inches of the TRV end of the radiator is behind a cupboard. The pipes for the radiator come up through the floorboards.

I'd prefer it if the radiator was about 2 feet to the left of where it is now so that it was more central on the wall and the one end was no longer behind the cupboard (making it much easier to access the TRV and also lessen the chances of getting skewed temperature readings from it), but I don't really know how much it would cost to do that.

I know it's probably hard to say definitively without seeing it, but could anyone give me a rough idea on how big a job that would be? Are we talking a couple of hours? Half a day? I'm just trying to work out if it's something I can afford to get done before the new boiler install or whether I'm going to have to leave it a while (and let the funds recover a bit!!).

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why not just ask the boiler installers for a price... It'd be cheaper than it being done as a separate job, as they're on site with tools already!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back