Moving radiator pipe

Reaction score
I am trying to move radiator into different position, on ground floor . Half the floor is floor is boards the other half is concrete. See pic. I want a vertical rad along the wall. at present it was horizontal rad.

question . how do i route from present position to along the wall?
should i have the pipes come out of the wall or floor ?
I am hoping to use speedfit with plastic pipe and also copper . Want to chase the pipes , except perhaps copper pipes connecting to the TRVs

Please can you help

Attachments

• IMG_1588.JPG
    IMG_1588.JPG
    349.1 KB · Views: 179
Sponsored Links
I prefer wall outlets.

If you are burying fittings in concrete (floor) or plaster (solid walls) it is best to avoid anything other than soldered copper joints wrapped in a protective sleeve.

Sponsored Links
Bracket! No bracket, you use soldered elbows to poke 2 copper pipes out of the wall at the required centres and desired height of the rad valves, cap them, make good the wall around the pipe tails and when all is decorated you 2nd fix the rad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back