moving soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks

I live in a 1937 mid terraced property and plan on building an extension at the rear running the full width of the house. This is made all the easier, as the property at the rear is flat and has no extending building line (apart from an old coal shed which is coming down). The small bathroom, to the right of the property looking out into the garden, is above a small kitchen. At the moment the soil stack runs out the wall behind the loo, down the outside wall and into the drain, about 4' from my neighbours boundary. I plan on reconfiguring the bathroom so the loo is in the RH corner of the bathroom!

My question is, 'where is the best place for the soil pipe considering I am building an extension"? Will I have to run it;
1. over the flat roof and then down the front of the new extension (this would mean moving the pipe/toilet after the extension is up)
2. through the bathroom floor, through the outside wall and then in between the joists of the new extension and then down the front of the new extension (this would mean moving the pipe/toilet after the extension is up)
3. through the outside wall, through the flat roof in the corner of the new extension and down the inside of the new extension
4. through the ceiling in the corner of the bathroom, down the corner of the kitchen wall, under the brick footing

Considerations:
The pipe will have to be removed from its current position as the outside kitchen wall is going!
I'm project managing the job.
All works will be contracted out.
I have a surveyor/architect doing plans/calcs etc
Please don't go banging on about building control - they'll be in on this from the start!
This is really a fact finding mission to work out if I can get the bathroom done before the extension and thus get the Mrs of my case!

Peace to you all
Chips[/b]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back