moving the time switch

L

Lincsbodger

The central heating in this bungalow is very old, but works top class. However , ive got to move the timeswitch, because the kitchen is being restyled.

SO, not sure how they wire these things. Without taking it to bits, what i see is a mains wire going in from a double pole isolator switch, then two cables coming out the other side. One goes to the pump and the other to the boiler.

However, theres a room stat, and i cant see how its wired in.

Presumably, the incoming mains goes across the L-N incoming pins on the time switch, and the boiler and pump are in parallel across the switched output, but in series with the room stat ?

Like this?

xn4sgx.jpg

Sponsored Links
Nobody want to cast an opinion here and give me a little help ?

Almost.... The time switch contacts should be in the live feed, not the neutral.
As you have drawn it, the time switch is switching the boiler neutral, which is a no-no. The boiler would still be 'live', even when switched off.

There may be one set of time switch contacts for the pump for heating, and a second set for the boiler, allowing seperate hot water timing.

The wiring diagrams here may help.

You may find all sorts of nasties, like the earth in twin & earth cable used as as a live conductor :eek:

Sponsored Links
ah thanks for that. I see they have all the neutrals going together and the switching is always done on the hot side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back