Multi purpose tool attachment wear

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question regarding mainly the sanding attachment.
For folks with multitools in general (all brands) do the hook and loops sanding pads that you attach with the attachment wear the hook and loops out first before the abrasive side?
I'm wondering if it's just the quality of attachment/sanding pads (Lidl/parkside) opposed to the likes of screwfixs erbauer pad etc which has some good reviews on there website.
I've gone through a few today with the plenty of life left in the abrasive but the fluffy side is lacking the fluff so it will not stick to the attachment.

Sponsored Links
The hook and loop stuff does wear out. I have had that happen on two Bosch orbital sanders and a new pad is stupidly expensive. having said that cheap sanding pads do not stick as well as the more expensive ones. I found that the if bought Bosch pads, or any of the expensive branded pads, they did stick far better.

Basic problem of poor design , high vibration levels together with pressure ensure the fabric background will fail quickly.

Sponsored Links
Not necessarily poor design but just the nature of the design. The pad revolves one direction for a short distance, stops, then revolves the other.
So the greatest sanding efficiency will be on the outer edges.
An orbital sander on the other hand will have a much improved efficiency on the inner area by comparison. A good example being the festool delta dts 400.
Multitools were designed for cutting. Sanding with them is a gimmick.
Some might say cutting with them is a gimmick too. :D

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back