Musicians Posts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replied to another thread but thought it would be great to hear other people's work.

Here are a few of mine to get the ball rolling:

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/garysmusic/Wall.mp3
This is my interpretation of the Pink Floyd Classic. I wanted to make it sort of funky, but keep the original guitar sounds used in the solo as it is perfection. Took me much fiddling about with compressors and amp modulators, but got pretty close :) I still need to add some vocals and do a bit of mixing, but you will get the 'general idea' :)

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/garysmusic/Roll.mp3
A cheesy song based on the chord progression of Pachbel's Cannon - but with a bit more ooomph :)

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/garysmusic/Act_of_Terrorism.wma
I wrote this on the day after the Sept 11th terrorist attack. I wanted to capture the emotions I felt. I have used real witness accounts so please Do not listen if you are easily upset I also decided to finish the song on that day as I felt that the 'rawness' would add to the emotion.

Hope you enjoy and I look forward to hearing your creations :)

Sponsored Links
They sound good, Gary.

Here are mine: (removed for security reasons)

Excellent Alastair - really liked 'Sleep Well' and 'The Bluster' - I'm just an old rocker at heart :LOL:

'I know a song' ................ a classic in the making :)

Hi guys. There's some really good stuff here. Music is so important- it helps the world go round. I wonder if Admin would be able to set up a category for it as it may come under diy! :confused: Hairyjon

Sponsored Links
hairyjon said:
................I wonder if Admin would be able to set up a category for it as it may come under diy! :confused: Hairyjon

Good point :D

Welcome to the forum by the way - good to have you 'on board' :)

orrrr! Fanks mate! Its nice to be here. I can't stress the importance of music enough. My 18 year old son started playing the leccy guitar about 3 years ago and is hoping to go to Brighton to study. Would you be offended if I mention Fleetwood Mac--? :D

Great stuff, both of you. I'm a klutz when it comes to music, but my 5-year old son already wants to learn to be a rock guitarist. Gary's Act of Terror reminds me a bit of The Sisterhood (which is a good thing, in case you were wondering ;) ).

Let him do it Johnny T. If he does't get on with it at least he's had a go. Can be expensive tho'. I SO wish I had some musical ability :cry: Hairyjon

Oh I will - He's definitely got rock in his bones. At his 5th birthday he insisted on 'Breaking the Law' by Judas Priest for his Pass the Parcel music....

im not a musician--but a lover of music nonetheless. i like all kinds except maybe the 80's disco era type...not real sure what i mean by that....but i either like it or i hate it....rarely inbetween. nobody likes a critic, but if you ever want a second opinion...let me know :)

on second thought, maybe not good idea. i like rock....but if pitch too high, will cause me to have seizure....needs good balance of bass..to even it out and if too repititious...will cause ear steaming and eye rolling. :rolleyes:

johnny_t said:
Oh I will - He's definitely got rock in his bones. At his 5th birthday he insisted on 'Breaking the Law' by Judas Priest for his Pass the Parcel music....
Wow! :eek:

Gary_M said:
Excellent Alastair - really liked 'Sleep Well' and 'The Bluster' - I'm just an old rocker at heart :LOL:

'I know a song' ................ a classic in the making :)

Thanks Gary. I am starting to write again - I have kind of forgot who I am over the last 3 years - I've just been a home improvement robot.

I had to work out the keyboard on The Bluster as I went along - quite stressful!

I wrote Coming Home for my wife for our first wedding anniversary. :oops: I got a sixth former from the school I work at to sing it.

johnny_t said:
.........At his 5th birthday he insisted on 'Breaking the Law' by Judas Priest for his Pass the Parcel music....

That is great :) You have taught him well :) I remember babysitting one of my mates (a drummer) daughters some years ago. She was 3 or 4 years old at the time- she started telling me all about Bob Marley and the philosophies behind his music - it was so funny :) Still, it paid off - she's now a bass player and doing very well.

hairyjon Fine by me to mention Fleetwood Mac, and I am guessing you might be referring to the Peter Green era?

I know that the 'younger generation' would disagree, but can anyone honestly name someone from the past 20 or so years who has really influenced the direction of music? Ok, I know there have been some 'pioneers' who have added their 'falvour' to things, but most if not all of the current genres are really just a re-invention of what was done a long time ago :confused:

Let the debate begin...................... :LOL: :LOL:

notb665 said:
I wrote Coming Home for my wife for our first wedding anniversary. :oops: I got a sixth former from the school I work at to sing it.

Don't worry, we've all done the 'song for someone special' bit :oops: :oops: :D

Incidentally, that girl had an excellent voice - very mature and I reckon that with the right coaching, she could do very well for herself :)

Singing is not a strength of mine, so I tend not to do it :oops:

Gary_M said:
Incidentally, that girl had an excellent voice - very mature and I reckon that with the right coaching, she could do very well for herself :)

Yes, she is on her way now, I believe. Watch out for her! (Zoe Corbishley).

This is she:

Sponsored Links
Back