My House renovation in Slovakia Blog.

Right, first rooms furniture has been moved in, its kinda "done".

Had to go out to buy a new TV as the old one had a too great a depth to it!

Sponsored Links
Home renovation is always a tough task..it takes lot of money a and time also

Sponsored Links
oh god in east, that's not the greatest part of country, people are moving out and not moving in. I bet you had to to be absolutely in love with your wife to move there:) I had been living in Zilina, love that town.

It's not that bad, but I am only here temporarily for three years, then we are moving on together once we both complete our studies.

I would consider moving back here for retirement once I have earned enough and have a lump sum to live off... but we'll see if that ever happens

:LOL:

*edit* and updated again.

Updated a few days ago again, moving in almost full swing again now, 1 more week of the semester and then final exams.

Took delivery of 7 pallets of Ytong and 60m2 XPS insulation for under the floor, also 35 bags of cement etc to get started on building up again soon.

Once I've worked through all that material we'll need to order even more!

Hoping to get another 9 tonne of aggregate tomorrow.

http://brit-living-in-sk.blogspot.com

Updated again, started a little bit of building walls again but I need to go out and buy a new SDS+ drill as the last one decided to die.

Few more things to sort out with School this week, then I can go into full swing building mode since most of the material is here and ready to go!

Hi,
Nice blog. You have a BIG project going on there :)
Are you doing everything yourself or are you hiring some people?
So far ours is DIY :)
I live just outside Presov.

Mainly myself, had some help with new sewer stuff but only to fill back in, and help with roof beams... rest has been more or less myself except for the first room I had a fair bit of help tidying up etc since they were trying to rush it to get it finished so granny would stop complaining.

Are you an Expat then?

I'm just south of Kosice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back