Myson Apollo 30/50B not working

DLF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
First time on the forum. i've been searching to try to find info on the problem I am having. Our central heating is run with an old Myson Apollo 30/50b Boiler, which up until two days ago has worked fine.
The problem now is that when the timer switches on the boiler fails to fire up, so no heating or hot water.
The pilot light is on, there is power to the boiler, so where do I start?
What is the likely cause?
Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
how do you know that the timer REALLY swithces on?
does it have a fan or balanced flue?

thanks for the quick replies, it has a balanced flue, no fan. checked the timer for continuity, also get a reading at the gas valve solenoid when the timer is activated. so assuming wiring and electrics OK.

Sponsored Links
A reading would not necessarily mean the right reading. No idea what it should be.
Is the toggle working properly?

I have mains power to the boiler and continuity from the timer when the switch is activated. I have found the fault finding section in the original manual, I'll run through the procedure tomorrow and see where that gets me.
Thanks for the interest, I'll let you know how I get on

Check for 240V at the gas valve terminals as you have no fan.

No power at the gas valve. three way switch in need of replacement?
Do you have any ideas where I can find a list of part numbers for this boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back