Myson Unit on a Glowworm 65-80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Boiler Glowworm 65-80B
Pump Myson Unit 3

I have a freezing 5 bedroom, victorian house with 13 radiators. My upstairs rads arent are hot as I would like and I am installing new radiators in the hall and front room this weekend. This will probably put extra strain on the central heating as the Myson Unit 3 struggles to pump the water round the house quick enough. I have just noticed on the pump a 2 speed switch. It is on setting 1 at the moment. I dont have instructions, but does setting 2 pump it faster round the system? Is it risky as our glowworm system is 25 years old?
Can you bleed a Myson Unit 3 pump?

What would be the best pump for a large house that would replace the myson easily?

Sponsored Links
Grundfoss alpha 2 is a nice pump but on a 25 year old system it may not make much difference. You need to start thinking about a new boiler, particularly if you are extending the system.

I have put the new rads in and will be upgrading later this year. The problem is now the water is struggling to get to the front of the house, which is the end of the circuit, Where it drops downstairs Would upgrading my pump make a difference until I get my new boiler. I have a 15-50 and am thinking of a 15-60 or 15-65?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back