Myson Compact CP53

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Potterton Suprima 40 boiler with a Myson Compact CP53.

My Problem / query

I have just moved house and the hot water and central heating work independently of each other, but when I tested them on together the central (radiators) are very cool. I have bleed the radiators and tried to bleed the pump ( Compact 53 ) from the central bolt but no water comes / bleeds from the pump.

I find this strange, in my last house the pump would bleed water, but this one does not, is it meant to be like this?

Any ideas / help very much appreciated.

Cheers

Coops :confused:

Sponsored Links
That pump does have a good seal and rarely leaks when you unscrew the knob.

It sounds as if the resistance of the heating coil is low compared with the heating circuit. That will give priority to the water which is not a bad thing.

You could restrict the heating coil flow but this will probably need a new valve fitting.

Better to get accustomed to it. Water heating only takes 20-30 minutes and you will hardly notice the effect on the heating.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi

Cheers for your comments, please keep them coming.

I have managed to get Hot water and Heating at the same time, so all good there, now my problem is extremely hot water.

I have turned down the Boiler Thermostat ((Boiler Range (55 C to 82 C)) to it's lowest setting at about 55c.

In the airing cupboard I have set the storage tank (imersion heater style) to 60C. But my problem seems to be that the Boiler keeps locking me out (lockout). I believe this to be due to the overheat limit thermostat but I am unsure. Any help here would be grateful as always.

The previous owners had a contract with British Gas and it was last serviced / inspected at the begining of this year, as the stick and proof of inspection states.

Any ideas as to how I can solve this stupidly hot water would be greatful as I have a little boy and I am constantly have to remind him to be careful.

Cheers

Coops

:confused:

How will your water get to 60 degrees at the cylinder if you have turned the boiler stat down to 55?.

(imersion heater style) to 60C
Turn the immersion heater OFF!
Old imm stats always used to drift hotter.
There should be a stat on the side of the cylinder - is there? Is it in good contact?

coops1975 said:
But my problem seems to be that the Boiler keeps locking me out (lockout). I believe this to be due to the overheat limit thermostat but I am unsure.

I'd be checking out the temperature sensor as well.

A rather expensive pcb, part number 5111603 is your worst case scenario.

If I am wrong about the pcb this time then expect it to go sooner or later unless the boiler is less than a couple of years old.

Where would the temperature sensor be located?

There is a themostat on the imersion heater in the air cupboard is that the one your talking about?

Cheers

Chris

I hope it's not the pcb - Boiler is 8 years old

Does anybody know where I can get a recondition PCB board for a Potterton Suprima 40 ??

coops1975 said:
Does anybody know where I can get a recondition PCB board for a Potterton Suprima 40 ??

Get a new one off ebay if you're not too bothered about a warranty.

Cheers for everybodies help in this matter.

I have found the unit (PCB) on ebay part 511160 or 5111603 this unit now comes with a casing around the PCB board, is this correct and also is it a straight swop item (Plug and Play)?

Any advice on installing one would be great.

Cheers

Coops

coops1975 said:
is this correct and also is it a straight swop item (Plug and Play)?

Any advice on installing one would be great.

Cheers

Yes and no....do a serach on suprima here you will find reams of information including many helpful fitting tips. You will need to be electrically competent and also remove boiler cover.

Coops

Hi

Changed Thermostat as Chris R asked if it was in good condition, well it look okay but did not seem to switch the pump off when boiler reached temp.

So since I have changed Temperostat on Immersion heater (exchange / storage tank) the system seems to be working better, but the water still seems hot, will test the temp on Monday and then change the boiler thermostat and the immersion heater thermostat (drayton) to see if there is any difference. Currently boiler set at it's lower temp and drayton on storage tank set to 55C

Any further help or advice would be great, also is it worth buy a update PCB board off ebay just in case ??

Cheers

Coops :)

i always change the temp stat on these gastly boilers when i change the infamously useless PCB as it can often be the cause of the PCB failure
also check where the pump gets its live from if its not from the boiler you will needs to get it put right as these useless piles of Baxi droppings have pump overrun

as a company we do not fit BAXI group products because they are Sh*te and that includes potty's valors and mains

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back