No hot water, but C/heating works. Myson Compact CP53 bust?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating and water is controlled by Potterton EP2002, so they can be switched on independently of each other. Recently the hot water has stopped heating, but the central heating is still fine. I reset the EP2002 just in case that had thrown a wobbly, but it seems fine. I see there is a Myson Compact CP53, could this be the culprit? I'm also struggling to work out what all the pipes are in my airing cupboard and where they go to. When I turn on the central heating plenty of pipes get hot, but not the pair connected to the CP53. There are also two valve actuators, one of which clearly turns on when the hot water is turned on by the EP2002.

We're currently using the immersion heater for the water. However, I would like to have the water go cold so I can check things a bit more. However, SWMBO can't go without her hot water for more than a few minutes, so I'm a little stuck!

Sponsored Links
hi have a look at the pipe comming out of the bottom of the cylinder follow it allong and see if there is a gate valve fitted?? these were fitted to slow the return down so it did not short circuit though and shut down the boiler on the stat before the heating is satisfied, it was used as a ballancing valve, so if there is one try opening it up a bit more as sometimes debris and black sludge can lodge in the valve and cut off the return into the system back to the boiler
apart from that check out the header tank to make sure the water level is ok

mick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back