Myson Compact CP53

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Myson Compact CP53 on my central heating system that seems to be making a rather loud humming noise. I'm sure its coming from the pump as it gets louder if the pump is turned up to 2 or 3 (I've turned it down to 1 at the moment to minimise the noise.)
My first question is.. is it because the pump is faulty that it is making this noise, it hasn't always done this?
And if it is the pump then...If I buy a new pump would just fitting the head stop this noise if I try to clean out the old body, or would I be better just fitting the whole pump. I ask this because the joints have quite a bit of crud around them and look like they may be a nightmare to separate from the pump. The water looks like it can be isolated at either side of the pump as there are isolating valves above and below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
cp53 is about the noisiest pump you can get . If you change it use a grundfos . Worth the extra 20 quid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back