Myson CP53 on throughout the night

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Myson Compact CP53 in the bottom of the airing cupboard. It starts every morning at 1:00am and I wondered if it could be stopped! I have only recently traced the noise to the Myson as most of my investigations have concerntrated on the timer/clock downstairs. This seems to be the only timer within the system so I am puzzled as to why the Myson CP53 comes on with regular timing when it has no apparant way of setting the time etc. I have tried each of the three settings but all they seem to do is increase or decrease the noise it makes.

In truth, the noise probably is that loud (a background humming noise) but my wife is a light sleeper and I get elbowed in the ribs - hence it keeps me awake. On a serious note, the fact that this is coming on in the middle of the night, seemingly without any control from me, and remaining on for about 6 to 7 hours at a time concerns me. Why is it doing this? How do I turn it off?

Sponsored Links
What boiler do you have? It could be a problem with the pump overrun stat.

I can find that out when I get home from work. Do you mean make of cylinder/boiler or the details of the wall unit - in the garage. Sorry to sound thick but I'm new to all this.

Cheers.

nimbus.

Ill jump in as you`re probably home now :oops: The "wall unit in the garage" I would think :confused: The cylinder/boiler is a hot water cylinder....over to chris ;)

Sponsored Links
I've had a look, it's a Glow worm Micron 66F fanned flue boiler fitted in Jan 2004. However, I have checked when the Myson CP53 is working in the night the boiler is not on. Worth pointing out that the Myson CP53 is about 8 years old though.

All help gratefully received.

Cheers

I think that should be the Micron 60FF. It doesn't appear to have a pump overrun thermostat as such, but the pump might still be controlled via the boiler PCB -

Later edit: - I've checked here and the pump is controlled by boiler PCB and should have a time limited overrun. If pump runs continuously, boiler PCB needs replacing.

Micron PCBs have a bit of a bad reputation. Do a forum search on them to get more info.

Sorry for getting the model wrong - obviously an integral part of you being able to provide the right answer!

Thanks for your help today

Cheers mate.

nimbus

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back