Bang Bang, then it died.

All is well - boiler working so we now have heating and hot water again. Thanks again for the input - will definitely use this forum again!

Sponsored Links
nickso said:
they are genuine grundfos from what ive been told. they have grundfos marked on them.

the only grey ones i have seen are the ones you get in combis.
And I've seen black painted ones in Gledhill units - Gledhill told me that the 15-50 I was replacing was identical to the one I would buy from a local merchant, and that it wasn't a special Gledhill part.

I'm struggling to believe that a company of Grundfos' standing would make inferior pumps and then paint them a different colour. That would be a bit like me fitting Wickes products on a job and then printing the invoice on paper the colour of dogs' muck.

Softus said:
nickso said:
they are genuine grundfos from what ive been told. they have grundfos marked on them.

the only grey ones i have seen are the ones you get in combis.
And I've seen black painted ones in Gledhill units - Gledhill told me that the 15-50 I was replacing was identical to the one I would buy from a local merchant, and that it wasn't a special Gledhill part.

I'm struggling to believe that a company of Grundfos' standing would make inferior pumps and then paint them a different colour. That would be a bit like me fitting Wickes products on a job and then printing the invoice on paper the colour of dogs' muck.

im not saying they are inferior....just different in some way

the grey ones im thinking of are in some worcesters .......and maybe gloworms i remember right. the standard 15/50 or 15/60 doesnt fit right because a difference in the dimensions at the mating face to the pump body.....24cdis im sure suffer from this. not sure what the difference with the gloworm ones are.

i dont know what grey ones tony is thinking of.

the blue british gas one simply doesnt have the power output of the 15/60 as shown on the data plate on the front of the pump but they are grundfos from what BG has told engineers and it is labeled as such on the pump.....im sure its very profitable for both companies.

I experienced the same problem on my system using Potterten Supreme and Myson Compact CP35 pump. The system is 10 year old. It was found that the pump has given up its ghost. I wonder what made those loud "bang" noise? Should the thermostat in the boiler shut down the system before it got to that stage? Should I change the thermostat in the boiler as well?

I went to Plumb Centre and they recommended a Grundfos UPS 10-50 selectric. Comparing the pressure Vs flow graph, the Myson has a higher pressure then the Grundfos. I wonder if it is sufficient for 11 radiators?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Sponsored Links
I don't think he is used to having such conversations with women!

I dont know why you seem so obsessed with being a woman!

After all they are pretty much the same as men, they even wear trousers most of the time instead of short skirts, just perhaps a little less clever???

Tony

I don't think he is used to having such conversations with women!

I dont know why you seem so obsessed with being a woman!

After all they are pretty much the same as men, they even wear trousers most of the time instead of short skirts, just perhaps a little less clever???

Tony

Hmm when I found myself being obsessed about being a woman, the doctor put me on medication

Thats what they want you to think....You'll learn. I was almost fooled in to thinking that you were quite knowledgeable :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back