banging pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I wonder if you could help me. We recently add radiator into a bathroom and when we start have heating on we noticed a loud banging noise from the pipes. The noise sounds like pipes "twanging" and banging. This banging occur from a start when the CH comes on and when cooling down. The noise we are experiencing upstairs of the house

The Boiler is a Worcester Greenstar 255i/30Si
The CH and hot water do work fine and heat up quickly, (it does not make any noise when the radiators hot).
What we did:
-We insulated around the pipes so they sit tight
-We did bled the radiators
-when we drop the pressure from 2 to 1.5 bar the noise comes but took it longer to get the noise, a ticking noise (I assume expansion) and every now on loud bang from pipes
-sometimes when we turning the radiator valves from ( max to *) we get loud click , that happened upstairs and downstairs of valves
-couple times when we had air comes from a radiator even we did bled the radiators before
Can anyone help? - do I have air in the system? – valves problem?

Thanks everyone in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back