Mystery Drip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Out of no where I started to hear a dripping noise in my garage. I have a 2 story house with the second story over the garage. The sound seems to be coming from above the garage door but I don't hear anything up stairs nor in any other part of the house, only in the garage do I hear the drip.

I have been hearing the drip none stop for over an hour and there is no sign of water any where and ,the mystery part, no water pips are near where the sound seems to be coming from. Also the heating and air has been off for several days so I am sure its not from that.

I thought it might be water leaking in from outside but it has not rained here in over three days so I don't think that is it. Could some thing else be making a dripping sound other then water? The sound is driving me crazy.

Thank you for your help
I will try to sleep tonight but knowing there is a drip will not make it easy.

Sponsored Links
Hard to say without being there to see, if you can hear it in the garage, and there is a room above the garage, then maybe you could put your ear to the floor in the room above, or lift a few boards if you can to take a look under there.

That was what I thought but could not hear I thing when I put my ear to the floor or the wall of the room above.

I then checked the gutter drain pipe thinking that water might be dripping from there and nothing. .

This morning I checked and the sound was gone so I don't know, will get an ear for it tonight.

I started to think my mind was playing tricks on me but my girlfriend also heard the noise which made me feel better and worse at the same time.

Thanks for the advice.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back