Nail Guns

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know if there's a model of nail with variable pressure when firing. I need one which does not fire brads/panel pins all the way home but leaves them proud by up to 5mm?

Sponsored Links
I assume you're referring to 18 gauge brad pinners here, not the heavier 16 or 15 gauge devices. There are guns with depth control, but the guns tend to cost over £100 (e.g. de Walt D51238K) and in any case depth of nailing can be controlled using the pressure regulator (i.e. turn the pressure to the gun down). Just do you first couple of pins on a piece of scrap to set the pressure correctly. Why do you need to leave the pins proud, though? Are you trying to avoid marking?

Scrit

To Scrit - I have a project in mind (and a money-making scheme hopefully) in which brads are left proud so that thread can be looped around them.

Sponsored Links
Jacquard has beat you to it :LOL:

But as scrit says, if its an air nailer, you can adjust the pressure using a regulator (probably already fitted to your compressor)
Depending on what your firing into though, you could easily end up with some in further than others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back