Need a new back door....

M

Mickymoody

So made a special trip to a new door place that opened 3 miles away...turned the corner....locked up....

So went to the handymans store that does doors...closed....

Why do shops close early on a Wednesday?

If I buy a door from a supplier, as I have no advice as they were all shut...could they install them? I fitted interior doors previously..and my jigsaw skills are not good..

How much for a solid wooden hardwood door, with a pane of glass within, and fitted with a lock, and hung?

And would a door need to be pre treated with wood preservative before hanging? Or could be painted after being hung? My previous door is delaminating, the lock is broken, and the door has dropped.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I can't answer your questions but I can recommend a supplier (they don't fit doors) that I used for interior and exterior doors

http://www.ukoakdoors.co.uk/

Everything they sell (I think) is solid oak, and very good quality.

Oh, and sorry if you're not in the UK and my suggestion is completely useless!

Don't use i jigsaw when fitting doors. I have fit loads of doors and use a electrical plainer. If i tryed fitting a door with a jigsaw it would like a right mess.

Sponsored Links
Micky you must be the unluckiest bloke in the world, where ever you walk there is a black cloud....................or your full of bull Sh1te.

Either way, no sensible person cuts a door blank with a jig saw.............and you sound so intelligent at times too!

Shops shut when they want.......a process that has been in perpetual shopkeeping times since they worked out how to fit a door and lock it when they want.

Anyway,
A solid core door un treated hung with 3 hinges and hinge bolts. Hardwood lipped. A deadlatch and two mortise locks all to british standard. With a glass opening (Georgian Glass) With security screws and nails for the glass retainers.

£860.00

I work Wednesdays, but like a early day fridays.
Oh yeah...........the frame has to be suitable.

Installation takes a day and I like 2 sugars and milk in my tea.

An extra £100 gets you all locks working on the same key.

plus travel time, London to Manchester and back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back