Need advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people, i am new to this forum. I discovered this interesting site on my quest to find information on how to become a fully qualified electrician. i am 25 fed up with bieng a security guard and fancy going into a new career always wanted to something in the field of plumbing and something that isnt too back breaking. I have looked up for courses on the net and have college close by to my house that offers courses in the field, but may be to late in applying for entry on to the course now. So i was thinking to work with some one for year to get some kind of understanding of the trade untill next septmber.I am a complete novice in the fiedl so your warm help will be most appreciated so dont hesitate to reply

Sponsored Links
Hi there thanks for your reply i am from the UK, Yorkshire :) (hope you dont want my address :p ).

Merry Chritmas to you, the thing is YOU will need to find a company that are willing to take you on. You must be prepared for low wages (sorry, but as you are not qaulified they cant pay you a decent wage could you cope with that?)

Most companies will put you through college not you put yourself through college, try all your local electrical companies and see what they say.

you may also want to read this

Sponsored Links
hi people have not been here in a while. the latest news having trouble finding a contractor to take me on. Have phoned arround but with no luck.Can anyone advise.

keep phoning. :cry:

sorry but i did say it will not be easy, why not try the job centre?

breezer said:
You must be prepared for low wages (sorry, but as you are not qaulified they cant pay you a decent wage could you cope with that?)
Security guards don't tend to get top jollies so a low income wouldn't really be of concern, best of luck to you m8 ! Go for it !!

well just going to keep trying my luck something will pop up and your right about security guards not getting top jollies. Low wages i can live with becuase i know it will be rewarding in the end. If anyone here is a contractor take me TAKE ME ON!!!!!!!! :D.

Come on lads,
Dreamer must be worth taking on specially when he will keep an eye on your tools in your van at night. :LOL:

Any chance of getting yourself into college, and start learning the theory side whilst your looking for a placement....

City & Guilds Electrical Installation 2360 Part 1 (usually day release)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back