Need advise from a gas expert please.........

Thanks Agile
Can I just ask (and I know lots of people will post abusive comments!) What do you mean by smaller jets?

My enginner is now looking to fit a different burner / heater which is for Propane and is what is used in the US (Unlike a mixture in the EU):

http://www.puravent.co.uk/products/...ubcategory=418&product_details=6210&param=418

We are thinking of fitting this new burner, and supplying the adjustable regulator with the ovens. The customer can then buy the correct fitment which goes onto the gas bottle as ready more and speaking to more people these can be different from state to state.

Sponsored Links
do you think you should be selling these things as you seem to know nothing about gas

I would strongly advise you NOT to supply any adjustable regulator UNLESS you have fully tested the oven to ensure that its still safe when the regulator is set to the maximum pressure output.

A UK gas fire killed a girl and her dog because the adjustment was too wide to enable the fire to burn safely at the maximum possible setting.

Jets are parts with a very small hole which directs the gas into the burner to mix with the combustion air. They are also called injectors.

Tony

Hi Merlin
The gas ovens which are made by my enginner are fully tested, inspected and have CE approval for Europe.
The ovens we are developing for the US will be fully tested to UL specification before being actually sold. UL do not give us any infomation about what is required and what the various options are. I am trying to gather as much info as possible and source the correct parts so that I can inform my enginner. And, no I don't understand gas. Thats why I came to this forum for some help and advise.

Sponsored Links
It would be better to teach your engineer to speak English and let him ask the questions as he will better understand the answers!

Tony

This is a DIY forum for Plumbing and Heating.

Don't you have your own Technical Department. If you haven't , you should have.

I find it amazing that a company selling gas ovens has to search through DIY forums to get advice on how its own products work.

Hi Merlin
The gas ovens which are made by my enginner are fully tested, inspected and have CE approval for Europe.
The ovens we are developing for the US will be fully tested to UL specification before being actually sold. UL do not give us any infomation about what is required and what the various options are. I am trying to gather as much info as possible and source the correct parts so that I can inform my enginner. And, no I don't understand gas. Thats why I came to this forum for some help and advise.
so they are tested by your engineer who knows nothing about gas :eek:

[quote="denso13";p="1993666"]
this junk

No I don't think that looks like the OP's ovens at all.[/quote]

Denso, how do you know what the OP's Kurtos Krapalacs oven look like?

This is either a ridiculous wind up, or the company should be investigated.
How can a product be designed and tested by a cpompany whose design engineers have to rely on a plumbing forum. They haven't even posted in the CC! (maybe because they don't qualify?)

[quote="denso13";p="1993666"]
this junk

No I don't think that looks like the OP's ovens at all.

Denso, how do you know what the OP's Kurtos Krapalacs oven look like?

This is either a ridiculous wind up, or the company should be investigated.
How can a product be designed and tested by a cpompany whose design engineers have to rely on a plumbing forum. They haven't even posted in the CC! (maybe because they don't qualify?)[/quote]
;)

:rolleyes: Less than a minute on google, simples :) Search for "Kurtos kalacs slovenia" (taken from the OP) and look for the name Louise (again OP). I couldn't be 100% sure so I said I didn't "think" the OP's ovens looked like that. Turns out I was correct as OP gave a link to her site later on. I only did it because some of the first replies were, unfortunately, the all too common first response which is becoming the norm here.

OK, presumably this:

http://www.kurtos-kalacs.com/Home.html

(Followed link from Louises face book.)

But it still does not explain why on her facebook she promises :

"We have a professional but personal approach to customer service. It’s important to us that our customers receive concise and relevant information, swift responses to enquiries or questions"

So on receiving a technical enquiry she will presumably ask us? it really is a little pathetic.

I'd agree, asking technical questions on a DIY forum isn't the way to go about it. I just happen to think that some of the replies are more constructive than others.

at least anyone reading this will think twice before buying one of these ovens

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back