Need help please - added a new rad..........

re the balancing, am i understanding this right.
Close the normale valve end or trv (flow) and open the LS side until I can feel heat coming up the return?

Sponsored Links
no.. just close the LS and open until heat creeps into the radiator.. repeat for all rads and then further open any that are struggling for heat.. big rads will require more flow than smaller ones, and of course flow will be greater closer to the pump

So shall I start that all over again working in the order they heat up?
As when i first tried this the kitchen got not water to it at all.

So is it going to be a case of living and hallway can only ever be on say half open on the flow, so that the kitchen can get some too?

to be honest its not many radiators, there should be ample flow for all rads on full chat, what speed is the pump set to?

when you drained down how much crud came out of the system?

Sponsored Links
pump is at 2,
not an awful lot of crud no, i only drained down about 4 weeks ago and not alot came out then to be honest.

ypu can try the pump on 3. if its old it may be struggling a bit. bit to me it sounds like the flow is bypassing somewhere

The only thing I can think of is that room 1 rad is very close to the flow and returns near the tank, about a metre....would this be a problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back