Need Help To change Analogue Thermostat with Wireless One

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Honeywell T6360B Thermostat. I wish to change this with a wireless one (Most likely the Honeywell Analogue Wireless one). However I have 4 wires. L-Red N-Blue Earth and I also have this black one! how Do I wire up the new wireless one using these cables.
The Wiring diagram for the new one is here: http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;j...yncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=honeywell+wireless#
If someone could give me some guidance that would be great.
Many thanks in advance for your replys.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have a Honeywell T6360B Thermostat. I wish to change this with a wireless one (Most likely the Honeywell Analogue Wireless one). However I have 4 wires. L-Red N-Blue Earth and I also have this black one! how Do I wire up the new wireless one using these cables.
The Wiring diagram for the new one is here: http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;j...yncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=honeywell+wireless#
If someone could give me some guidance that would be great.
Many thanks in advance for your replys.

Just Checked The Wires Go To
Earth-Earth
2 - Blue/Neutral
3- black - ??
4- Brown /Live

Have you made up your mind yet whether you have brown and blue or black and red wires? Your post suggests both.

The receiver needs a permanent live/neutral.

It also needs two cables for the internal switch (labelled A and B in the case of the new Honeywell).

You do not tell us whether you have a combi or a conventional boiler but the wiring may differ slightly. There is a way of getting by with the cables you have but you should not use the earth conductor, particularly if is unsheathed (eg: twin/triple and earth).

Some electricians do use the earth in flex and sleeve it at the ends, but this is not a practice that should be condoned. If you buy a programmable stat you could link the live to pin A of the receiver but to the inexperienced this is really outside the scope of the forum.

A much easier conversion would be to fit a wired Honeywell CM907 in place of your current unit. Just connect the red and the black to terms A and B and insulate the others (or park them in the spare terminals Honeywell provide).

Yes The black brown wires are confirmed. However this is my problem.
I have the thermostat which works perfectly in the living room however the living room has no radiator.
We put a fireplace in but we don't turn this on unless we are in there. The heating stays on all day because the living room doesn't get warm enough to turn it off.
What would be the best solution considering we have just decorated.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Is anyone able to help at all, or should i call a plumber/ electrician in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back