need help

JPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a brown patch has appeared on my ceiling...can you help

Sponsored Links
bar steward....a leak in my own house, can you believe it.
shall i charge myself a call out fee ?
Can i do the job on sunday...dbl pay ?
Or shall i ignore it hope it goes away?

Sponsored Links
bar steward....a leak in my own house, can you believe it.
shall i charge myself a call out fee ?
Can i do the job on sunday...dbl pay ?
Or shall i ignore it hope it goes away?

thought you would of done it by now. what you been doing ?

i'd love to say drinking but no...just watching crap on tv....

its obviuosly a leak of some kind but a v. slow one as the wall is not wet..it might have been there for a few days, god knows

The only thing thats changed is if fitted a combi here at home about 3 weeks ago and the hot gone from gravity to mains pressure..so might be that (ch was already pressurised)

busmans w/end all round then
Tomorrow finalising a gas fire / flue liner etc (on a roof for the terminal) and then remove an old decommisioned boiler from a kitchen cupboard (new boiler all done...just remains taking boiler out and bricking up before she'll pay
and then come home and look for this leak...mind you every xmas time its always manic

a brown patch has appeared on my ceiling...can you help
Take approx measurements of the patch from a datum point downstairs but which can be located in the 1st floor area of the leak ( eg house or dividing wall ) . Locate the rough area of the leak upstairs and you'll likely find it's a leaking shower or bath waste. Don't replace boards until you've rechecked thoroughly as sometimes 2 leaks can occur which run to the same low point in your ceiling.

thx, exthorneheating

i am a plumber ;)

i will investigate and report back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back