Need metal internal letterplate that works vertically

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For HMO licence we need a metal internal letter flap for our flat to reduce smoke in the event of a fire in the stair. Easy I thought and bought one from B&Q. But the problem is the existing letter box is vertical and the internal flap just fell open when fitted. I have scoured the internet trying to find a sprung metal internal flap that we can fit vertically but cant find one.
I would put on an external sprung one on the inside to solve the problem but it would need to open out the way, into the flat to let the letters in but they all seem to push in the way from the outside if you get what I mean.
If we had realised all this before we started we could have filled in the letter box and cut a new horizontal one but we have fitted the fire board to the inside of the door and painted it inside and out now so want to avoid this at all cost as we have very little time now before our inspection. Can anyone suggest a solution please.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back