needle one bar off the red on my Saunier Duval Thema F23E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boiler was working fine until I had it serviced last winter. The engineer said to call him if the needle went into a red zone. It did and I called him again and he drained some water off and said if it happened again it would be expensive!. It did go into the red zone so I called another engineer. He said it had been leaking at the exterior outlet and replaced a part. This was again last winter

After that although the needle went close to the red zone it always returned to the safe zone when turning off. Just recently the needle is one section of the red zone at the right of the dial. Before I call another engineer can anyone give me an opinion and advice as to what this means.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replies - any idea whether this is a simple job, or is it expensive

Sponsored Links
literally 5-10 min job,isolate flow and returns drain boiler using boiler drain off, usually black head on it with thin spout.then put a foot pump with gauge on the the shradder valve on the EV wich is the top rear of the boiler left hand side.and pump up to 0.75 bar i usually do it 1 bar due to losing air when taking the valve off.open isolators, fill system back up. bobs your uncle.ps make sure you can fill the boiler up before hand. the filling loop arrangements are a nightmare on these.

Many thanks for reply - I will have to get a boiler engineer to do this and was wondering what a boiler engineer would charge. I can't do it myself

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back