Neff washing machine made loud bang, burning smell and smoke

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My missus has just been doing a spin cycle in our Neff washing machine and about 10 minutes in there was a loud bang. I ran out to the kitchen turned it off and looked inside the window. Couldn't see a thing becuase of the smoke.

When i could i opened up the door and white smoke was pouring out and the smell of burning rubber.

I don't know how old the washing machine is becuase it was here when we moved in but we know it's £700 when bought new.

Is it worth trying to get it mended or just bight the bullet and buy a new washing machine?

Sponsored Links
No

I turned it off and opened the door, that's when loads of white smoke poured out with the smell of burning.

I turned it on this morning and it all seems to work ok but i haven't put it on a cycle in case it'll do more damage than what's possibly done already

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back