Washing machine loud bang, No water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
i turned on the washing machine this morning and after around 10 seconds, there was a loud bang and the machine stopped turning. I checked the fuse and it needed to be changed - the machine now works (starts to spin ) but there is no water coming into the machine. (also the door does not open when stopped and turned off). At first, i thought might need new machine but opened up the top and nothing seems wrong. Can anyone help. can the machine be repaired quite easily and cheaply.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
From the info you give it is impossible to say what the problem is or if it can be repaired economically. What make & model is it & are there any indicators flashing, have you checked that you have water to the machine etc ?

Hi
It is a hotpoint First edition wm52 (11 years old!!). The machine goes through the programme but it seems there is no water at the beginning but later towards the end of the cycle water for rinsing is coming into the machine. Also when the machine is switched off the door wont open. Given normal circumstances but would buy a new machine after lengthy service, but cant really afford it.

btw do you know how i could check hot water supply ( red tube )

Cheers

Sponsored Links
pull red ppe off is water coming out also remove top lid and put hand down inside to release lock .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back