Neff washing machine not spinning.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, some advice on this matter would be appreciated. I have an integrated neff washing machine (not sure where to find the model number) it went through the washing cycle then on to the spin. It makes a humming sound but not spinning. I've had the small screwed cap off the front which I think houses the pump impeller? This was ok apart from a kirby grip which fell out when I opened the cap. Tried the spin cycle again but is still not working. Any ideas? Think the model may be W5320X0GB?

Thanks John

Sponsored Links
John, did you get anywhere with your washer ?

Mine's the same model number and has just done the same as yours. I've got it in bits at the moment, the humming sound you mentioned is indeed the drain pump.

The brushes on the motor were low on mine and I thought that was the problem as they were nearly down to the copper wire. I swapped them and still no joy. I then took out the control board and noticed a little soot on it and also a 'track' of black soot across the PCB. So Although everything lights up when powered on I suspect the control board will need a swapout as it doesn't appear to be sending power to the motor.
Neff want £180 for a spare but you can buy a new one from Siemens rather than Neff to save £30.

Regards, Rich

Hi Rich, washer is up and running like new. Purchased a pair of new brushes (not genuine) for under a fiver off eBay and worked a treat. Was a wee bit noisy on the first wash but its now fine now they have settled in.

Thanks for the post.

Regards John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back