Neighbour's boiler behaving weirdly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, the fan on my neighbour's boiler is running 24/7 and it's cycling on and off every couple of seconds -- the flue sounds like it's panting! But the boiler itself never seems to come on -- at least, there's no visible vapour even on cold days. Is there any legitimate reason for it to behave like this? I don't know what sort of boiler it is, but it's never behaved like this before.

The reason I'm asking here is that my neighbour has been away for months and she's not very well. I don't want to alarm her if it's nothing. But I can't think why it would do this -- any ideas? Cheers!

Sponsored Links
No good reason as far as I can think. Are you able to contact her to see if anyone has access? Last thing she needs is frozen pipes , burst and floods.

Thanks FiremanT. Yeah, my hunch is that it's trying to turn itself on and failing to. I'd better drop her a line. Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back