Nest HeatLink Wired Correctly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i swapped out my old wireless stat for the nest a couple of weeks ago and all seems to be working fine.

A friend has also got a nest and looking to install too but after looking at some witing pictures or info on the internet im seeing some where there is a wire bridged between maybe 2 and 3 (i cant remember exactly). What would that be for and should i be doing that here? or is it fine as it is.

20161210_130459.jpg

Sponsored Links
Just different methods of wiring depending on the boiler.

You should have the cable sheath under the clamps and
a connector block on the earth wires.

It depends on how your system is wired, and crucially whether your boiler requires switched 240 volt call for heat, or a dry contact which is a switch which is isolated from the mains. A link would be used to link mains Live to the common contact of the switch.

There are several things wrong with the pictured installation.

All mains cables MUST be clamped with the outer sheath below the cable clamps and the outer sheath MUST completely cover any wires outside the enclosure. If wires are to be brought from behind the unit then use the circular/oval knockouts provided for this purpose.

The earth wires MUST be commoned in the terminal provided for the purpose (third from right).

The switched live in terminal 3 should be reterminated properly with no copper showing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back