Nest Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there! I'm new to the site and apologise in advance if my query has been dealt with before.

So I have a 3rd Generation Nest installed by a Nest Pro installer. Prior to the Nest installation I had a standard combi boiler in the bedroom with a programmer in the kitchen and a thermostat in the hallway.

The pro installed my Nest where my old thermostat was situated in the Hall and installed the Heat Link in the bedroom next to the boiler. He disconnected the programmer but left it in situ. The installer told me that although my programmer has nothing to do with controlling my boiler anymore (it has been set to OFF since installation), the fuse switch next to my programmer must remain on (I'm guessing to allow power to go to my Nest which sits where the old thermostat was)

I'm now having a new kitchen and want to remove the programmer altogether and plaster over it.

My question is how can I remove it completely and retain the power supply going to the Nest which it apparently provides.

Many Thanks in advance.

Nick

Sponsored Links
You should be fine to remove the programmer although without being able to see exactly what your Nest Pro has done with the wiring it's impossible to say how easy this will be. A good Pro will have disconnected all the wires from it and joined them behind, in which case you can just unscrew it from the wall (a better Pro would have provided you with a cover plate and taken your programmer away....). A less good Pro might haved used your old programmer as a junction box, in which case there will be a certain amount of rewiring to do before you can remove it.

Either way, the fuse spur next to it must be retained as this powers both your Nest and your boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back