Nest Install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - first time post so go easy on me :)

Recently moved in to a bigger house and I'm looking to install a Nest or Hive wireless thermostat to better control heating / hotwater and hopefully energy bills.

My current setup is as follows:
Baxi Solo 24 HEA boiler located in garage.
British Gas RS1 hard wired, manual thermostat located in the hallway.
British Gas heating / hotwater programmable timer in kitchen.
Hotwater cylinder in bedroom airing cupboard.
ALL new radiators - with thermostatic valves.

I also have Solar PV installed with a Solar iBoost that helps with the heating of the water.

My main issue is with the heating in that having the thermostat in the cool hallway often means the living room gets too warm before the heating goes off.

Ideally I'd just like to do away with the programmable timer, the manual thermostat and have a nice wireless Nest thermostat that I can have in the living room and let it take care of heating / hotwater. Or I can manually override if required.

My simple question is, would this be possible and if not why not? And are there any better options for me?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back