Nest install advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering getting a Nest Thermostat. Looking at my existing set up I have a system boiler controlled by an LP522 programmer and a simple acl drayton thermostat in the hall. I see it has four wires which I assume are live (brown) neutral (Blue) yellow (call for heat) and earth. If I go for a nest I would locate it elsewhere using the wireless cpability. It would seem to me a lot less hassle to connect the heat link using the thermostat wiring rather than mess about with the wiring in the junction box. Is this possible or am i missing something?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
yes the live in your rooom stat is a switch live and not a permanent live which is what the heat link needs, it can be done but you still need to get in the junction box for some jiggery pokery.
besides which a receiver stuck on your wall in place of the thermostat will look a bit odd.

The thermostat is in the hall behind a door so location would not be a problem. I have now had a look in the junction box and the wiring is quite clear to disconect the existing thermostat and wire in the heatlink. You said there was further work in the junction box required. What would that be?

Sponsored Links
as long as you can clearly identify the Live, Neutral and Switched Live(Heating Demand) in the junction box you shouldn't have any problems wiring the heatlink. Post an image of the connections in the box if you aren't certain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back