Nest Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I am about to install a Nest to replace my existing Drayton Hot water programmer and a Salus Wireless Central Heating controller for what I believe is an S-Plan setup. I have bought the 3rd Generation Nest and a nest stand for the new Nest thermostat. I was hoping that someone can check out my electrical wiring diagram and the photo attached of the junction box that connects all systems parts. Can anyone please confirm that what I have proposed (the dotted lines) is correct.

Attachments

• Hawkes Boiler Schematic (4).pdf
    78.9 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_20171130_163311 (2).jpg
    IMG_20171130_163311 (2).jpg
    318 KB · Views: 164
Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your help. Yes I understand that I would need to remove the old controllers. Just for my understanding - with my setup - under what conditions would I use terminal 1 or 4 (satisfied terminals) on the nest.

under what conditions would I use terminal 1 or 4 (satisfied terminals) on the nest.
The satisfied terminal for HW is used with mid position valves to move the valve to CH only. The CH and HW satisfied terminals are also used for motor on motor off valves that use their motor to close the valve rather than the spring used in most common valves. There are other uses that are less common still.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your reply...appreciate the time. will now proceed with the nest installation!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back