Salus to Nest heatlink Install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm installing a Nest thermostat (3rd Gen) and just wanted to check with the experts that I had understood the wiring of the Heat Link correctly. It's a combi boiler (Valiant ecoTec plus 845). I will just be controlling the heating not water.

I think it should be:

Grey wire in Salus NO = Nest Heatlink (3) Heating call for heat

Black wire in Salus COM = Nest Heatlink (2) Heating common

Brown Wire in Salus L = Nest Heatlink (L)

Blue Wire in Salus N = Nest Heatlink (N)

I've attached an image of the existing setup.

Thanks in advance!

Mac
IMG_0228.JPG
IMG_3586.JPG

Sponsored Links
Both the NO and COM look Grey to me but yes that is correct, doesnt matter which way round these two wires are connected to 2&3 on the nest, do not use any links

Last edited:
The text is all good macster, except for the Nest Heat link Diagram you posted.

The one you want is this.

Capture.JPG

You should not link L and 2 as is shown in the diagram you posted. But from your comments I think you know this and just posted the wrong diagram in error. [with this diagram A (2) is COM and B (3) is NO]

Sponsored Links
FB87874D-3AA1-4DAD-BF11-035489FB4FB5.jpeg
Hi there, decided not to create a new thread. I’m trying to do a similar thing, but my SALUS unit is wired currently like this. Could you please help as to what goes where?

thanks

You should have started a new post really & not hijacked someone else's. It often causes confusion later.

As you only mention a room thermostat, and not any other components such as a stored hot water system (hot water cylinder) or a timeswitch / programmer, I assume that they don't exist and the Salus is the only control fitted to your heating system. If so, you can proceed as follows:

Black wire in Salus N = Nest N
Red wire in Salus L = Nest L
Red wire in Salus NO = Nest 3 Heating call for heat

Add a wire link between Nest 2 and Nest L

If there are any other controls fitted to your system, or you have a hot water cylinder, the information given may be different.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back