Nest thermostat install help. Underfloor heating

which existing thermostats do you have ? make and model or a pic please

Sponsored Links
From what I can see the ufh wiring centre has the rf reciever built in so you would need to get rid of that and the stats, the actuators are probably 2 wire 240vac so compatable with nest, it would not take much to fit a wiring centre that the 4 nests connect to and control boiler, you could also change the actuators for 4 wire and simplify the wiring.

been looking at your system again and what do you use for HW ? is it a Combi or do you have a HW Cylinder ?

Sponsored Links
From what I can see the ufh wiring centre has the rf reciever built in so you would need to get rid of that and the stats, the actuators are probably 2 wire 240vac so compatable with nest, it would not take much to fit a wiring centre that the 4 nests connect to and control boiler, you could also change the actuators for 4 wire and simplify the wiring.
I was going to recommend the JGWC the wiring centre that is hard wired and not wireless, looks exactly the same and would be a perfect replacement for the wireless one, at around £100, it will be cheaper than changing to 4 wire actuators.

As my above post in my opinion easiest way is to swap your JG wireless wiring centre for the hard wired one and then fit the nest receivers to this, there are other ways but this is the most economical way and easiest, just looks the same without the wireless receiver built in (the nest receivers will now take over )
https://www.screwfix.com/p/jg-speed...PekihEwL8xx4BXFEBA8aAvPfEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks for your help. I’ll try this route and get someone round to quote for it. Hopefully it’s not a huge job and more of a direct replacement

Thanks for your help. I’ll try this route and get someone round to quote for it. Hopefully it’s not a huge job and more of a direct replacement
Not a big job by any means, wish you were closer to me it is a job I would enjoy doing, have to say was surprised at the cost of JG setup, very cheap compared to others

Not a big job by any means, wish you were closer to me it is a job I would enjoy doing, have to say was surprised at the cost of JG setup, very cheap compared to others
I’ll pay your expenses haha

Braddels

can you help. I installed the wired JG panel into my self build property. I have had a few problems getting the hot water to work.

I have tried to wire the nest thermostat in but not sure what to do. Can I ask did you proceed and did it work?

if so can you tell me how you did it
Regards
Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back