Netflix fails to load programmes beyond 25%.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can’t load any movies etc on Netflix , loads to 25% then stops .Can watch on iPhone so account is good , tried to cast to tv (Samsung) but does to load to screen ( shows 0% on screen).
Tried some solution found in web but no joy . Reset hub, deleted account and reinstalled . Reinstalled Netflix app .

Sponsored Links
If this is an app built into the TV, and the TV is more than 3 years old, then tbh it could be a dead duck.

TV manufacturers are a bit stingey with memory and processing power for their smart TVs unless you're buying their upper-end products. The result is that the service provider - Netflix in this case - is asked to provide a feed tailored to the low specs of the TV. They do this, but on the proviso that they'll only keep it running for as long as there's a certain level of demand. (Running these tailored streams has a cost to their business)

By comparison, your smart phone has a far more powerful processor and a lot more memory. It can cope much better with the standard streaming feeds. The same is true of Fire TV sticks and Roku devices.

If the TV is only a couple of years old then contact Samsung customer support to see if there's a firmware update required. Otherwise, consider switching over to a streaming device. These work far better. They can also be controlled directly via the TV remote if you have HDMI Control enabled.

I couldn’t load the 'ITVX' app onto my Panasonic TV. I just watch it through my Firestick.

Have you looked in your 'Settings' to see how strong the signal is?

Sponsored Links
I couldn’t load the 'ITVX' app onto my Panasonic TV. I just watch it through my Firestick.
ITVX is broken for a lot of people, including those with 2022 LG OLEDs.

ITV has released a streaming platform that now supports live streaming of some of their main channels - which could be done in part with the previous ITV Hub app if viewing via smart phone - but now it's integrated into the app for all. Except they haven't taken account that not all TVs can cope with the changes they made. In effect they've broken ITV streaming for millions(?) of smart TV owners. Not very smart at all.

Have you looked in your 'Settings' to see how strong the signal is?
Do you mean Wi-Fi or aerial?

Wi-Fi signal strength will affect all streaming on the TV, not just Netflix.

TV aerial signal strength has nothing to do with streaming. You might stream Netflix on a smart phone or tablet. There's no TV aerial connection on those devices, and yet streaming runs just fine as long as there's decent 4G or Wi-Fi.

ITV has released a streaming platform that now supports live streaming of some of their main channels - which could be done in part with the previous ITV Hub app if viewing via smart phone - but now it's integrated into the app for all. Except they haven't taken account that not all TVs can cope with the changes they made. In effect they've broken ITV streaming for millions(?) of smart TV owners. Not very smart at all.
I just checked on my 2018/2019 model Panasonic GX800. ITV Hub has been replaced by ITVX, but the live TV feature isn't there.

The app is also updated on Amazon Fire TV stick, and that does support live TV playback.

My Samsung is about five years old, Netflix worked till end of November, the ITV X and all other apps work fine.
Just remembered the Free sat has apps, Netflix is working fine on that.

Do you mean Wi-Fi or aerial?

Wi-Fi signal strength will affect all streaming on the TV, not just Netflix.

TV aerial signal strength has nothing to do with streaming. You might stream Netflix on a smart phone or tablet. There's no TV aerial connection on those devices, and yet streaming runs just fine as long as there's decent 4G or Wi-Fi.
I meant his Netflix settings.
A while ago i logged in and found many progs had vanished from the list so i asked a Netflix gnome what was going on and he asked if i was using a VPN. I was. That prevented the progs from loading as they weren't available in the UK.
Dozy me.:oops:

My Samsung is about five years old, Netflix worked till end of November, the ITV X and all other apps work fine.
Just remembered the Free sat has apps, Netflix is working fine on that.

Might be a silly question but have you tried holding the power button on your remote down for 10 seconds to reboot your tv?

Whenever I have similar issues with the Netflix app or others that usually resolves it for me.

Might be a silly question but have you tried holding the power button on your remote down for 10 seconds to reboot your tv?

Whenever I have similar issues with the Netflix app or others that usually resolves it for me.
Thanks , that sorted it , never heard about 10 sec reset , strange it was not mentioned anywhere in web search about the problem .

I did wonder what ITVx was, since it appeared on one set - it's a replacement for ITV Hub. I've just run the install on my living room LG LED and it's working fine on that. I have sets set up, to load OS updates as they appear. When they appear, it installs them on switching the set on, showing WebOS on screen, instead of the usual 'LG' booting up screen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back