Pyronix cloud, cannot add a camera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
evening all,
apologies if this has been done to death elsewhere but afraid I cant find a solution so far.

System is a euro46 panel connected to a cloud account using procontrol+ app. it all works fine so adding some cameras for verification.
first camera, a 2mp pyronix Cube, activated it, linked to procontrol+, went onto cloud account, added it and associated camera with an alarm sensor. this works fine, its set up via wifi no problems at all.

Just added 3 external mini domecams using POE switch this time. as before, activated cameras, added them to Procontrol+ app and then tried registering them with Pyronix cloud but with any of the 3, I just get message "incorrect information added" and system fails to add them.

I have tried resetting one, re-activating it, setting it up via wifi, like the cube which linked successfully, but still no joy. Hopefully I am making a simple error but so far it eludes me.

All the cameras work fine via the app, both within the wifi network and externally.
the 3 dome cameras have firmware at 5.5 which should be ok, all 4 are set to same time zone and all set to synch from pyronix cloud. I believe they are all compatible cameras, all have configured SD cards and are set for continuous recording as per pyronix instructions.

I got the cube cam and a dome cam configuration side by side on web browser to look for obvious differences,
under advanced settings:
under guardingvision they have slightly different IP server addresses
the cube cam has HTTPS active.........................dome cam not active (and would need certificate to activate)
Cube has extra option for Network services.........not on Domecam.

not sure if any of these are the answer but bit stumped at present. Cameras are all new and came from pyronix dealer in UK, they all work with procontrol app but there is something the cloud doesnt like about the domecam serial numbers/verification codes.

any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
lost the cameras work or don't work and what camera models are they?
sorry, I have probably confused the issue somewhat. All the cameras work correctly and all of them can be registered on the procontrol+ app but the 3 dome cameras cannot be registered on the Cloud account.

camera 1 Pyronix Cube model DS-2CD2422FWD-1W, works fine and registered on pyronix cloud without problem
camera 2 Pyronix Dome-cam4 DS-2CD2122FWD-1W, works fine but will not register on P Cloud message "incorrect information entered?"
camera 3 Pyronix Dome-cam4 DS-2CD2122FWD-1W, works fine but will not register on P Cloud message "incorrect information entered?"
camera 4 Pyronix Dome-cam4 DS-2CD2122FWD-1W, works fine but will not register on P Cloud message "incorrect information entered?"

If there is a pyronix expert out there I think the question I need an answer to is:
How does the Pyronix cloud account use the information you input to add a camera, that is a) Camera serial number and b) verification code

When trying to add 3 identical cameras to cloud account I am getting message "wrong information entered".

When adding them (Mini Dome-cam4)(successfully) to Procontrol app using the QR codes the correct serial numbers come up and match with the verification codes ok so I can only assume that Pyronix use a look up table of serial numbers to identify the camera and are not finding them despite the cameras being on their compatibility list, the firmware is at v5.5 which is compatible, they were purchased new from Traders warehouse, a legit UK dealer only a week ago and the cameras look legit with all retail packaging, qr & barcodes etc.

As I mentioned initially I also bought a 4th camera, an internal cube cam. This was activated and added to procontrol app and cloud in the same way and was successful so I dont think its an operator error but happy to be proved wrong

Anyone had this problem and am I on right track to think that its the serial numbers that Pyronix are not identifying correctly.

Sponsored Links
I have to admit I don't add cameras to the pyronix cloud.

however I the verification code is checked on the camera to gain access normally, ie camera not powered up and connected it cant be verified with the verification code.

If you have some time on your hands today i am willing to take a deeper look at it for you to see if we can get o the bottom of it.

I have to admit I don't add cameras to the pyronix cloud.

however I the verification code is checked on the camera to gain access normally, ie camera not powered up and connected it cant be verified with the verification code.

If you have some time on your hands today i am willing to take a deeper look at it for you to see if we can get o the bottom of it.

sorry i didnt pick up your reply earlier, if you are still available any help would be invaluable

I had the same issue, the time on the cameras needs to be synchronised to the Pyronix time server

Hi. I am having a similar issue - trying to connect a pyronix dome camera to the pyronix cloud. I have followed a number of advice threads and the issue appeared to be no plug-in adaptor. I loaded Seamonkey (as this was suggested as a browser that would allow the plugin to run) and downloaded the plug-in adaptor, plus the software load identified on the HIKvision site.
I am in the Maintenance tab on the HIK vision website but amstill not able to 'browse' my mac to upload the required software load. Any other ideas much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back