New Pyronix Wifi Camera's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Enforcer V10 system and have been looking at adding the new Pyronix Wifi Cameras (specifically the outdoor mini-domes).

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with them (as they are so new).

I know they have a sd card and you can access the video via the new app just wondering if it records anywhere else ? (pyronix cloud) or if you need to point to a NAS.

Thanks
Simon

Sponsored Links
I fitted 2 cams on Monday....

on the camera is facility to either directly hard wire into an NVR OR to directly stream live images from PYR cloud. From playing
with camera which is basically a HIK 2MP camera there is no storage on cloud. I did ring tech support BUT they were as useful as
a chocolate teapot....So it looks like storage is only on SD card.

In terms of PQ is all fine and is a perfect solution where cabling is a nightmare.

Be warned the wall brackets will not be available for several weeks yet ....OR use localised PSU and connect via wifi.

Its certainly the best of the "visual verification" alarm cams.

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Hikvision wifi doorbell which works on the same app and also has an SD card. I can record it’s stream on my cctv NVR or view small clips via the app from the SD card so it may be the same for these cameras. In other words get a NVR and see if you can detect the cameras then you can record this way if it suits.

Thanks - can these detect moment and send alerts or are they purely for “visual verification”.

I know the indoor version has a PIR but I am thinking more along the lines of what some of the competition do (nest/blink/ring).

Sponsored Links
Hi,
As this thread is about the new cameras I need some help please.

I bought two outdoor Pyronix devices but just can’t get then to work over WiFi. Have used a 12volt PSU as the power supply and can get them connected to my router via the WPS, I can see the MAC address etc. Of the camera thus so far so good.

However, when I try to connect the cameras to my WiFi network (by selecting the wireless camera icon) it just won’t connect and always times out. It picks up my 2G network as I can see it and I am entering the correct password for my network, but It just fails. I have not disabled my 5G WiFi signal yet, but as it’s picking up a 2G signal why should I?

Any help gratefully Received.

Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark,

Im having pretty much exact same issue - hard wiring working fine, just cannot get it to connect to network.

Not tried WPS as have a mesh network acting as an access point, but everything else connects just fine.

Did you get any response to this? I bought direct from a disti so haven't really got any reseller to call and discuss either?

Cheers

Craig

Hi,
As this thread is about the new cameras I need some help please.

I bought two outdoor Pyronix devices but just can’t get then to work over WiFi. Have used a 12volt PSU as the power supply and can get them connected to my router via the WPS, I can see the MAC address etc. Of the camera thus so far so good.

However, when I try to connect the cameras to my WiFi network (by selecting the wireless camera icon) it just won’t connect and always times out. It picks up my 2G network as I can see it and I am entering the correct password for my network, but It just fails. I have not disabled my 5G WiFi signal yet, but as it’s picking up a 2G signal why should I?

Any help gratefully Received.

Thanks
Mark

No mate, not solved yet, but I have ben away for 6 weeks. Will ring the guys I biught them off.
cheers
Mark

Hi,
Tried to get these cameas going again, low and behold worked first time. I reckon the app had issues, now working fine.
thanks
Mark

Why is Pyronix stuff so so so so painful.

Can anyone tell me how to get the motion detection/alarm notifications working from the new Pyronix WiFi based dome cameras. I have enabled it in the app but nothing works....... as usual.

Cheers
Mark

So can anyone help with Pyronix cameras ie the movement alarm...?
As usual jack $hit information anywhere...

PLEASE

Hi

I had to replace my router due which has resulted in the CCTV loosing connection. I set the new router SSID and password to the same as the old router as I thought the devices would pick up the new network like everything else but they haven’t come back online. I have used the SADP tool which locates the 3 cameras on the network and displays the IP information that the old router had allocated the cameras but the new router has a new IP range some I guessing it needs to allocate a new internal IP to the cameras? Does anyone know if I reconfigure the network to reconnect these using the SADP tool and if so how or do I need to reset the cameras and try a new WPS connection?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back