Never mind the BMW...have you seen the Audi??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This car was involved in a high speed collision. As far as I can make out, there was only one occupant, who survived virtually unscathed. The car has not been cut by the emergency services, all the damage you see was caused, I guess, by a tree.

It is important to realise that where you see two pieces of vehicle, they were once very much joined together...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0UzlPI5e6E

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2007/03/audi-rs6-abt-crash-yes-he-made-it-out.html

PS. I am not condoning high-speed driving. I'm just amazed to see a vehicle in this condition and to see that anyone got out alive, let alone almost unharmed.

Sponsored Links
be honest though, Mr audi was lucky because of the impact direction, if he had been going a different direction or in an RHD car then the driver seat would have been a bloody pulp. i have seen plenty of horrific accidents on the net that wouldnt have been if they were as lucky as this guy.....can find them if you are interested but they would probably get pulled by the mods.

my mate was lucky when he rolled my old beemer 3 times, each time it landed on the roof it landed on the opposite side from his head, other way round and i doubt he would be alive today.

IMG_0003.jpg

Inappropriate speed is a factor in many collisions. With all other things equal, more speed = more impact.

However, I think luck has a lot to do with it. People walk away from horrific accidents, and they get killed in seemingly innocuous ones.

Last Christmas, driving round the M25 I moved over to let a Merc Sprinter barrel past me at about 100mph. Just in front, a 3-series BMW hoofed onto the motorway at about 80-90mph, shot straight from the sliproad into the outside lane without looking. Sprinter's brakelights didn't even come on before the collision, BMW spun into the barrier, bounced and spun back the other way. The BMW was barely recognisable, but the driver got out immediately STILL TALKING ON HIS MOBILE!!! There wouldn't have been time for him to dial and start talking, it was that quick!

So, 100mph collision with a 2-3 tonne van, and he didn't even hang up the phone.

On the other hand, a few years ago my colleague's wife was killed in an accident where she was waiting at a junction and a Police car rammed her up the rear at ~30mph.

Inappropriate speed is a factor in many collisions. With all other things equal, more speed = more impact.

However, I think luck has a lot to do with it. People walk away from horrific accidents, and they get killed in seemingly innocuous ones.

Last Christmas, driving round the M25 I moved over to let a Merc Sprinter barrel past me at about 100mph. Just in front, a 3-series BMW hoofed onto the motorway at about 80-90mph, shot straight from the sliproad into the outside lane without looking. Sprinter's brakelights didn't even come on before the collision, BMW spun into the barrier, bounced and spun back the other way. The BMW was barely recognisable, but the driver got out immediately STILL TALKING ON HIS MOBILE!!! There wouldn't have been time for him to dial and start talking, it was that quick!

So, 100mph collision with a 2-3 tonne van, and he didn't even hang up the phone.

On the other hand, a few years ago my colleague's wife was killed in an accident where she was waiting at a junction and a Police car rammed her up the rear at ~30mph.

THat's probably because at the speeds stated, impact would have been at about 10 -20 Mph. This is why motorways are the safest roads, as collisions generally do not happen at relative high speed.

Sponsored Links
THat's probably because at the speeds stated, impact would have been at about 10 -20 Mph. This is why motorways are the safest roads, as collisions generally do not happen at relative high speed.

I guess so, and I know the crash barrier would have absorbed quite a bit too, but I still wouldn't fancy spinning off at 100mph on any road :confused:

The BMW I saw crash was still completely mangled even with that low impact speed, it hit it's rear driver's side against the front passenger side of the van... no doubt the crumple zones doing their job.

I guess so, and I know the crash barrier would have absorbed quite a bit too, but I still wouldn't fancy spinning off at 100mph on any road :confused:

The BMW I saw crash was still completely mangled even with that low impact speed, it hit it's rear driver's side against the front passenger side of the van... no doubt the crumple zones doing their job.

Indeed, the crumple zones are designed to do just that, crumple; better to crumple the metal than the occupants.

I think nothing beats the Audi A3 crash that was posted on another forum I frequent back in 2002. The guy left the road at 125 mph and hit the tree at 100 ripping the car in half. Guy was actually alive when he was ejected from the car but he hit a nearby tree which killed him. :eek:

The force of the crash ripped the car key out of the ign barell :eek:

I've done my share of motorsport but could never do a tarmac rally, not unless they cut all the trees down first :(

audi-a3-crash-14.jpg

audi-a3-crash-13.jpg

audi-a3-crash-12.jpg

audi-a3-crash-11.jpg

audi-a3-crash-10.jpg

audi-a3-crash-9.jpg

audi-a3-crash-8.jpg

audi-a3-crash-7.jpg

audi-a3-crash-6.jpg

audi-a3-crash-5.jpg

audi-a3-crash-4.jpg

audi-a3-crash-3.jpg

audi-a3-crash-2.jpg

audi-a3-crash-1.jpg

plenty of horrific accidents on the net that wouldnt have been if they were as lucky as this guy.....can find them if you are interested but they would probably get pulled by the mods.

There was 3 other photos but didn't want to post them.
my mate was lucky when he rolled my old beemer 3 times, each time it landed on the roof it landed on the opposite side from his head, other way round and i doubt he would be alive today.

IMG_0003.jpg

:eek: :eek:

That's settled it...I'm not buying an Audi.

Does my Skoda count???

Sponsored Links
Back