New bath taps and shower mixer advice please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a surface mounted mixer shower that is fed by a cold feed from the water tank and a pumped hot water from an old immersion tank. Not sure if its thermostatic or not.

The bath taps are not currently pumped.

I'd like to replace the taps and shower with some taps that also work as a shower... like these:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/bristan-quest-surface-mounted-bath-shower-mixer-tap/63671

The hot would be connected to the current pumped hot water and the cold from the normal cold feed. Any reason why this won't work as a shower? Only wary because of the shower pump on the hot only...

Hope that makes sense. Presume I should buy taps suitable for either high or low pressure? Any problem with the hot being high pressure an the cold being low - thats the basic question... just wanted to give the full picture!!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Is there a "red" tab on the existing shower? Does it have one valve for flow and the other for temperature - that would indicate it being thermostatic.

Ideally, you should have both feeds "balanced". You can take a flow measurement of hot and cold by removing the spray head and timing how long it take to fill a litre jug: fully hot first then fully cold... This will give you an idea of how they might differ!

Is the cold feed directly to the shower without any other draw offs on that pipe? Will that be the same when feeding the new bath deck?

If it feeds other outlets then there is a risk of scalding someone in the shower if one of those other outlets are activated!
Same with hot but not a scald risk, obviously - just rather unpleasant!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back