New Bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Need to replace my bath and was wondering if anyone can recommend any decent steel bath (regular shape) which any of the DIY or online stores sell?

It needs to be fairly solid as we have a shower over bath so will be movement, and three young kids.

The existing bath has the taps on the centre of the length of bath so ideally as pipework is here would stick with the same. One thing I noticed is some baths come without tap holes...... are the baths drilled then to suit customer as would have thought this would crack enamel etc?

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Can`t you contact suppliers? Google bath suppliers?

Hi, well its very rare I purchase a bath so just wondered whether people who fit them regularly could recommend any decent brand/supplier, as people in the car trade would recommend a decent motor.

I realise the wife will want the final say on design etc but if I can direct her to a certain online seller/supplier half way there.

Are the baths you get in B&Q/Wickes/Focus etc much cop? The ones I have seen on display look pretty flimsy on the side panels etc.

Sponsored Links
To be honest, you will be hard pressed to get a flimsy steel bath. If it's a regular shape and size then you need not get the side panel at the same time and can shop around for these.

Try www.homesupply.co.uk as a starting point - I've put in stuff that they've supplied before with no problems.

Carron is a name for good quality steel baths AFAIK. Screwfix also do some steel baths.

Beware of the cheap plastic baths, anything under 4mm thick isnt a lot of use... I will never forget being in A&E with my partner one evening and a young lass was brought in. She had been standing in the bath showering, the bath had given way, beneath her and her foot had gone right through the bottom. I believe the fire service had to attend to cut away the bath to remove her foot. Suite was supplied by one of the sheds, had only recently been fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back