New boiler energy efficient controls and fully pumped system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our oil boiler has just been replaced with new energy efficient controls and a fully pumped system using the original feeder tank in the loft.

The radiator in the bathroom now only works when the hot water is on and soon as the cylinder stat kicks in this radiator doesn't heat. I guess this radiator was plumbed via the hot water cyclinder (house built in 1967) as some sort of heat loss for the cylinder? The reason we didn't notice this before was due to not having a cyclinder stat and over heating the water hence the radiator always being warm. We recently moved here.

The radiator in the bathroom doesn't have a TRV as it's fairly small, however since the boiler/pump/motorised valve changes this radiator always gurgles water when the hot water is on for the first five minutes. I bleed this radiator daily, but ever time the hot water comes on you can hear the sound of water gurgling which wakes us up in the mornings!

Any ideas/solutions please to stop the gurgling? We have turned our pump down to setting 2, but still no joy.

Thanks for any replies.

Sponsored Links
Forgot to add, a MagnaClean was fitted, but I can't see how air would enter here. Thanks.

Forgot to add, a MagnaClean was fitted, but I can't see how air would enter here. Thanks.

What did the person who did the work say about it all? After all, they modified the pipework so must know whats going on.

Sponsored Links
He just said the bleed the rads until it frees itself. The system has been installed 3 months now with and I am still bleeding two rads that gets air.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back