new boiler fitted plumber gone awol HELP !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in need of a bit of help, I had a new heat only boiler fitted to replace my existing old one and have been left with a bit of a problem and my plumber has become uncontactable.

basically the new system seems to work, the heating comes on when it should and goes off when it should. if I put the water on this clicks on and off nicely with the thermostat on the tank.

The problem is with just the heating on its also heating up the water and as it doesnt know its doing it, it doesnt click off with the boiler thermostat so just keeps on heating up.

any ideas where to start looking?

thanks

Sponsored Links
zone valve wired up wrong or faulty zone valve. Is the system a s plan or y plan? It could also be a incorrectly wired boiler. Post up make and model with system lay out

Its possible (if he installed the system as well as the boiler) that the hot waters return pipe in plumbed incorrectly.

You can check this by feeling which pipe to any given rad get hot first when you have the heating on, and re-checking with the hot water (and no heating) switched on.

If its the same pipe, its a Motorised Valve or wiring problem, if its different pipes, its reverse circulation.

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
Its possible (if he installed the system as well as the boiler) that the hot waters return pipe in plumbed incorrectly.

You can check this by feeling which pipe to any given rad get hot first when you have the heating on, and re-checking with the hot water (and no heating) switched on.

If its the same pipe, its a Motorised Valve or wiring problem, if its different pipes, its reverse circulation.

Mr. W.

I might have missed something, but the rads aren't coming on when the HW is on. Heating is OK. Its the HW that comes on when heating is on.

If its reverse circulation, shouldn't the OP be checking the hw cyl primaries?

Mis-read.

I well and truly cocked that up didnt I :oops: Not even had a drink yet either.

Mr. W.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back