Glow worm swiftflow 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Glow worm swiftflow 80 boiler doesnt fire up for either hot water or central heating. I basically just turn on at the switch and nothing happens. No sound, nothing. Pilot is on and doesnt go out at all. When I lift up the PCB? it does click and tries to fire up but doesnt stay on. when i move it up and down it clicks and fires but then doesnt heat rads or produce water. Any ideas

Sponsored Links
My Glow worm swiftflow 80 boiler doesnt fire up for either hot water or central heating. I basically just turn on at the switch and nothing happens. No sound, nothing. Pilot is on and doesnt go out at all. When I lift up the PCB? it does click and tries to fire up but doesnt stay on. when i move it up and down it clicks and fires but then doesnt heat rads or produce water. Any ideas

PCB probably has a dry joint or a relay on its last legs
You would have to sort that out first before progressing to the next problem.
Parts are available but most of these boilers are at the end of their lifespan now.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Slugs

OK so I unscrewed the pcb and pressed down some connectors and found that one of the connections was causing the problem. I pressed that down and now the boiler works in that it fires up and produces heat and hot water but the pressure builds up and then the pilot cuts out and I have to wait a few minutes before it will relight. Water also runs extremely hot. Is that due to a relay or the PCB or could it be something else?

why do you say i need a new one. Is it because its old or do you recognise a problem that cant be sorted

All problems can be sorted, it just depends how much time and money you want to invest.

For your own sanity & finances you may find it more rewarding to invest in a new boiler, as these units are v.old now. You may fix one problem and uncover another - you already seem to be on this trail as per your previos post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back