Combi boiler not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have problem with a Glow Worm Swiftflow 75. Pilot light on but does not fire up for hot water or heating.
Turn hot tap on, the fan starts, there is a little click from the fan area but no gas comes through to the main burner.
Any suggestions on how to sort greatfully appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I had this problem a couple of months ago with our combi (not a glow worm). My problem was that the fan/pump was not spinning at a fast enough speed to allow the ignition to light the gas (there's a computer in there managing all this stuff).

A bit of WD40 worked for a couple of months then it gave up the ghost and I was £250 lighter...

I'm not an expert in this stuff AT ALL, just commenting on what - on the face of it - is a common experience.

maybe the 'computer' gives you an error message? What is a fan/pump?

A fan.
A pump.

Vague to say the least.

2 combined is a feat of modern enginering

If so, is there power to gas valve soledoid?
6v through transformer and 18v fom PCB (backup to make the 24v).

If your getting 6v at solenoid its a PCB fault.

David

Sponsored Links
How sure are you that no gas passes through the gas valve, have you measured this? Its possible that the pilot is too small and that the fan is sucking the gas up into the flue before it is ignited...

Gas valve more likely problem

Sounds more likely to be an APS not operating to me.

Job for a CORGI.

Tony

ACOperson said:
CORGI guys too expensive. I prefer Polski plumbski...

Pole?

Dont they drive lorries bigger than houses for £12 a week? But hey, their chissled jaws can knock joists better than any tool I own.

Yak chsme maask!

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back