glow worm "pilot light"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.i have a glowworm swiftflow 80 combi boiler.when i put the central heating on,after about 5 minutes the pilot light goes out(click noise from boiler).the bar pressure is set right.when using just hot water(for baths,washing up)everythings ok.any ideas?

Sponsored Links
It is probably cutting out on the thermostat as it reaches temperature, then it just pumps that water round the heating until it cools then it fires up again. Your hot water never cools as it is being used so the boiler will be firing constanyly.

it used too do that.now the pilot light goes out ,i have to re-ignite it

the boiler fires up for about 5 mins.rads get hot.then pilot light goes out.it seems that when the boiler needs to fire up again,thats when the p/light goes out.normally the p/light is always on.

sorted.somebody came round(corgi man),cleaned around pilot light area,put a new thermocouple in.£40. :D

Sponsored Links
I wonder if it really is sorted. Only time will tell

Your post suggests that the pilot only goes out when the boiler is running. It does not say the pilot goes out when the boiler is not in use. Thermocouple would not be selective- pilot would go out when boiler is idle as well as when a demand is in place if it were defective.

What if the boiler is putting the pilot out because of a fault condition. It can do that.

Kevplumb are you familiar with this boiler? The boiler has a V4600 gas valve fitted with a pilot interupter which pops the pilot when the flow temp hits 95 degrees.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back