New Boiler Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we recentlly had a worcester boiler 29 cdi greenstar installed approx 1 month ago

When there is no demand for heating (wave thermostat) or hot water on demand there is something running in the boiler. The boiler itself is not fired up but something is running, and the noise although not overloud a constant thrummmmmmmmmmmmmm is annoying the heck out of me

I have spoken with the installer who says thi is normal? Really ??

If this is normal should i send the elec bill to him when it comes in?

Any advise would be much appreciated or do i just get call worcester bosch to check it out.

Many Thanks
J

ps the boiler is set on eco mode so it doesnt preheat the hot water

Sponsored Links
There will be a pump overrun to dissipate heat after it's fired but if it's doing it 24/7 then that's not right and needs investigating

Thanks for the response. The only time that the boiler doesnt admit the noise is overnight.

There is apparently no setting within the boiler which could cause the pump to run continuously.

It should run after use but only for about 3 minutes.

Your installer is incorrect to say that its normal for the pump to run continuously. IF that is what he said !

I don't know about your model but some Worcester models have a 230/24v transformer but this would never produce a hum which any normal person would complain about.

So if it is the pump running then that is a boiler fault which would be covered by the warranty.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply Tony, i will get onto worcester in the morning and ask for a visit. Ill post back the outcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back