new boiler on old pipes = leaks, should he have warned me?

Dan, I vouch for you communication skills, but on your off day you can also get a letter from your mum :D

Sponsored Links
Its dead simple Dan a few minutes of communication face to face with a customer is 100 times better than the hours and hours drawing up a terms and conditions .
You find it gives you the customers you want to work for and the ones that want to give you the work .
If they choose to ignore your advice given to them directly then thats down to them .
Saves any argument about well did you not read it in condition number 156 sub paragraph 2 line number 12

The other question is why change to a sealed system if there are tanks and pipework in place for a vented system.

Because all and sundry want a combi so they can have "more space" no matter how much you advise against most people just want a combi and if you don't fit it they will get someone that will.

Sponsored Links
If he'd done a pressure test and found a leak , would she say he'd overpressurised it and caused the leak ?

And he wouldnt have explained to her why he was doing a pressure test, ffs this isnt really rocket science its basic customer tradesman communication

That isn't in dispute.

Still doesn't make him liable for "justice". Whatever that is because the OP hasn't bothered to reply.

Anyone trading without a basic set of T's and C's is bonkers. Of only to protect them and the customer from selective memories.

Anyone who has worked for costumers for any length of time and claims not to have experienced said selective is suffering from the same problem ;)

Once customer has been informed then its then there choice wether to go ahead with job or best case scenario give you even more work and ask you to repipe the whole lot.

I dont see this customer is hanging the guy out to dry they are just asking if they should have been told .

But unfortunately customers, particularly female ones, don't have the skills and experience to make scientific descisions in these cases.

Also as someone else pointed out customers have a habit of not giving the job to anyone who points out the possible problems. They then bleet if anything does go wrong.

I tell them the risks and advise them, on what I think is the best course of action!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back